Owner & Director
Gina is a seasoned PR professional with expertise in strategic marketing and communications, branding and special events who personally handles and directs all GYC client account initiatives.
PR & Content Manager
Mallory is a PR & marketing specialist whose passion is driving media attention and creating consumer awareness. Her commitment to growth and attention to detail are key assets to GYC.
Media Relations Manager
Mindy is an expert in developing strategic PR campaigns for national, regional and local brands. With a BS in Finance, she's worked on both the corporate PR and agency sides and brings a unique perspective and long-earned experience to GYC.
Marketing & Media Specialist
Laura is a career professional with nearly 15 years of experience developing and managing advertising and marketing campaigns for both corporate and small business clients that grow brand awareness and increase sales.
GYC is looking for a freelance media relations specialist to assist in generating media coverage for our clients in the laboratory and biomedical industries.
· Pitch top-tier regional, national and industry targets
· Coordinate article content, developing Q&A’s or outlines
· Secure 3-5 media placements per initiative – concentration on biotech, biomedical, healthcare, laboratory and diagnostics media, as well as national health and general news media when there’s a fit. Possible outreach to regional business and health media.
· Research client content and review press materials
· Write and/or revise pitches & story angles
· Monitor medical/health, biomedical and laboratory news, and general consumer news on lab testing and health to offer ideas on how clients can contribute to the conversation with expert/thought leadership insight/interviews or contributing stories
· Revise/create relevant media contact lists
· Biweekly status emails
· Monitor media for placements & pick-ups
· 5+ years of media relations experience primarily in healthcare, biomedical, laboratory, microbiology and/or related fields.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced setting
· Ability to work independently and take initiative within a virtual team environment
· Strong media relationships with medical media contacts
· Strong pitching strategies and story angle creation
What we offer:
· 20-30 hours per month
· Work remotely
· Flexible Schedule
· Work independently
Email email@example.com to inquire